Friday, October 17, 2008

Free Day!

It was only 8:00 am and I was already having a “challenging” morning with Ashlyn. I looked over at my little girl wiggling in her seat and knew we must get out of the house today. She was not being naughty…she was just bored! Moments later Adam appeared and randomly asked…“Would you like me to take Ashlyn today?”  Ah, my hero comes to the rescue! An hour later Ashlyn was packed up for a day at the beach with her daddy. I waved goodbye to them, walked back in the house and realized I had a day all to myself. I had forgotten how much I enjoy silence and being alone; it was rejuvenating!

What did I spend my free day doing? I cleaned! Not only did I get the normal chores done like laundry, dishes and mopping but I also did all those things on my mental “to do list” that I never get around to. That might not seem like fun, but it was to me. It was so nice to start and finish a project without interruption. By 5:00 pm I was done with everything I had wanted to do. The house was clean, Sydnie was sleeping and it felt so good! 

When Adam brought Ashlyn home she seemed happy and content. I think a whole day of playing outside and getting some undivided attention was what she needed. Adam said she had a great time sitting on the playing with rocks in the sand and running on the beach. She even brought a rock back for me. J Adam also mentioned it was the most relaxing day he’s had in a while too. I think everyone enjoyed the day; thank you Adam!! 

    Ashlyn ready to spend the day with her daddy. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Son of Roy Texas

Unknown said...

I loved this story!