Monday, February 15, 2010

Finally popped!


I can't believe it's already been over a week since Payden was born! Here is the story of how she came into the world:

My contractions started around 9 p.m. But they were 20 minutes apart or more and I barely noticed them. But by 10 p.m. they were 10 minutes apart and starting to really hurt so I knew this was it! The baby was finally on it’s way!
We called our friend to come stay with the girls and headed out to the hospital around 11 p.m. The hospital is about a 30-40 minute drive, so we figured we had plenty of time. But as soon as we got in the truck my contractions went to 7 minutes, then 5, then 4...3...2. By time we reached the hospital I could tell I needed to start pushing and desperately wanted to get into the delivery room.
However the hospital was in no hurry to accommodate my desires. A man took me to reception in a wheelchair while Adam parked the car. The lady behind the desk proceeded to ask me my name, husbands name, favorite flavor of ice cream, etc... Once Adam came it was the same thing…questions and her standing there literally thumbing through a stack of papers looking for our information. She could not find the information and therefore would not let us through. It was a bit ridiculous and I was just sitting in the wheel chair pushing away with every contraction. Adam tried calling the doctor to come down and help us but he was still on his way!
At that point I started getting frazzled. The doctor wasn’t even in the hospital and I was sitting in a wheel chair pushing my baby out. I think the lady finally realized things were about to get ugly so she reluctantly let us through.
Hurray! Up to the maternity ward they wheeled me! A few minutes later our doctor ran in to examine me while I was in the middle of a contraction and pushing. At that point my water broke or should I say exploded? It sprayed Adam right in the leg! Yes! I nailed him with amniotic fluid! Doesn't get much better than that. :)
At that point we all looked up at the doctor in shock who was looking a little stunned himself. He then started yelling for the nurses to move and get me to the delivery room. Finally! I was so relieved people were moving and trying to get me to the delivery room. It only took my water shooting across the room to get their attention! :)
As the bed was being pushed into the delivery room Adam said "Dr. Menditeta! The head is coming out!" So the doctor ran around and basically caught little Miss. Payden Ily on her way out.
She was 6 pounds 6 ounces and 19 inches long, born at 12:05 a.m. on February 10th.

I am feeling very good and recovering fast. Adam has been able to be at home so I am having a luxurious time of sleeping in with my little baby while he gets up with the girls.
Payden is such a good little baby and I'm just in love with her! Ashlyn and Sydnie both love her and want to hold her & help me all they can. We are so blessed to have our three little girls!!

2 comments:

Kristin Emily said...

that picture is adorable! can't wait to see all three of them together :)

Kristin Emily said...

I mean in person, of course... I do realize they're all together in that picutre ;) haha