Saturday, June 19, 2010

Three gifts

We decided to fumigate our house because the mosquitoes had gotten so bad since rainy season has started. Every morning the girls would wake up covered in bites and we couldn't even sit down without mosquitoes buzzing around us. So this morning we packed up the girls, dog, turtle, two baby chicks and spent the day at our friends house.

We came home in the late afternoon and the house still stunk like the smoke they had sprayed and our courtyard is now off-limits for three days because of the chemicals sprayed in it. I was busy changing sheets, wiping things down and was worrying about the girls touching or breathing in anything that would hurt them. So needless to say I was a little stressed out and officially give myself an F- for patience with Ashlyn & Sydnie. We finally made it to bed time and after Sydnie fell asleep I went in Ashlyn's room to check on her. She was still awake just lying quietly in bed. I went in, gave her a hug and she pulled my hair back and told me she loved me. Then our conversation went like this:

"Did Jesus give me to you?" "Yes Jesus gave me three daughters." “Did you ask Him for Ashlyn, Sydnie and Payden?” "No, I asked Him for babies and He looked all over and decided that Ashlyn, Sydnie and Payden were special and He would give them to me". “Oh, and you said thank you?” “Yes, I say thank you all the time.”


She is so sweet, I can't believe this is what she is wondering about before she falls asleep. She makes me want to be a better mom, I wish I would never loose my patience with her! All my girls are such a amazing gift from God that He has entrusted to me, it is very a humbling job.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww! I love that little sweetie!

The Wittz said...

What!?! You are a great mom and don't you forget it! How precious that Ashlyn is thinking about Jesus- this proves you are doing a great job bc having your kids know who Jesus is - there is nothing more important. I am owing you a super long email and its coming I promise. Hey I just found an apple cider package you sent me a long time ago and it was delicious. Thanks! I LOVE YOU!

Julie Hunt said...

This is precious. I don't know how you do it, and I imagine that you are a fabulous mom. I lose patience already, with my little baby...indeed it is humbling and makes you desperate!