Friday, December 14, 2007

Headed Home for the Holidays!

Tomorrow afternoon we are leaving for Managua (the capital) where we will be spending the weekend with friends. Then we fly out early Monday morning for Maine! I am very excited to be going back to the states for a few weeks. I love the Christmas season and have a hard time being overseas during it! I am looking forward to seeing friends & family but also little things that I miss. Like; hot showers, yummy food, electricity 24/7, carpet instead of tile floors, safe water right out of the tap, snow…the list goes on!

If you could please be praying for us as we travel on Monday (the 17th) it would be much appreciated. I naturally do not worry or stress about many things, but flying with a baby stresses me out!
In my foolish youth I had little empathy for mothers with “annoying” kids. My worst nightmare is to be “that mom” with the crying, crazy kid.
We have a two hour flight out of Managua to Houston and then a three hour flight from Houston to Boston. Then a three hour drive from Boston to Maine.
We will be leaving Nicaragua around 7:00 am and won’t arrive in Maine until around 10:00 pm. It will be a long day for Ashlyn!

Please pray that Ashlyn will somehow want to sit on my lap for hours at a time!
Also that she will be able to sleep on the plane. She has a hard time sleeping anywhere other than a crib. And for my sanity, I stress myself out worrying about if she’s going to have a “melt-down”.
Thanks so much! It’s a relief to know I will have people praying for us! I will see some of you soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i am so happy for you ! wish we could spend time together. Loveyou ;)