Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Worm

As I walked in our house yesterday I noticed something moving in the corner. I went over to get a closer look and there was a long, skinny worm. I was about to pick it up and remove it from our home, but it seemed weird. Not your average looking worm; it was all black, very skinny for a worm and moved differently.

I started having second thoughts about picking it up as irrational images of the worm oozing “killer worm venom” crossed my mind. I decided to call Adam over (so he would get oozed instead of me). Adam started pushing the worm out of the house with his shoe and it started squirming around. We both stopped and stared at it as the “worm” made a perfect “S” pattern as it moved along.
As we were staring at it the weirdest worm ever, a Nicaragua friend of ours (who happened to be over) came to take a look. He quickly informed us that our “worm” was a baby snake and we should obviously kill it.

So our killer worm turned snake has been disposed of but leaves us with some questions…
Where’s the momma? Does he/she have brother and sisters?
And the question that is plaguing my mind…how did he get in our house??
Our house is raised up with about a foot tall cement step all the way around. There is no way such a little snake could have gotten up it. This leaves only a few options of how it got in, none of which I like. Our snake must have been hatched in our house, on our porch, or possibly in our drop ceiling.

We are keeping our eyes out for any more and hoping to find none!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

eeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!