Friday, April 25, 2008

"Pooh, pooh in the potty!!"

I'm sure you’re all just dying to know how potty training at the Todd's house is going. The puppy is all trained and now takes himself out. He really had very few accidents and caught on quickly.

I really wasn’t having much luck with Ashlyn. I was starting to get frustrated and think maybe she is too young. Or more likely, I had no idea what I was doing.

Then tonight Ashlyn brought me her potty and wanted me to read her books while she sat on it. A few pages into the book she went pee right in her potty! I was so excited! Adam and I made a big deal out of it giving her lots of hugs and kisses. Then she waved "bye-bye" to her pee as we flushed it down the “big potty”. About 15 minutes later she asked to sit on her potty again and she promptly went poop! Hurray! She was so proud of herself and we were proud of her too!

I can only hope this is the beginning of her being "trained". Enjoy the photo of her first successful poop in the potty. (We blurred the evidence for your viewing pleasure.)



No comments: