Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Two weeks!

Sydnie is now two and a half weeks old! I am surprised at how easily she is fitting into our family. I thought having two would be a lot harder (and it certainly has its challenges) but having two is less of an adjustment than our first was. I guess we know what we're doing this time around!
Ashlyn seems to be adjusting fine and is enjoying her little sister. She really likes holding her, giving her kisses and bringing her toys. Poor Sydnie has had quite a few toys shoved in her face!
Adam has been taking Ashlyn to camp and out on errands when he is able to. This is a huge help to me; having to taking care of just Sydnie is like a mini vacation and Ashlyn loves going with her “Daddie”.

I have been able to get Sydnie on a good schedule during the day and I'm still working out the “kinks” in her night time schedule to maximize my sleep (and her's of course)!
Sydnie's day consist of sleeping, eating, diaper changes and making lots of funny faces. I have been trying to get some good pictures of her but it has been a serious challenge. She is a little wiggle worm and most of them are blurry or she's cross-eyed. I guess she's not the most photogenic baby ever! But here's a few I came up with:



Sydnie has to wear her "mitts" because she can get a little crazy with her finger nails. She looks like a boxer...or Michael Jackson.



1 comment:

Alissa said...

I love her big eyes! I can't wait to see her in person.