Friday, July 4, 2008

Baby Girl!

We are happy to announce the arrival of Sydnie Ella Todd! She was born on Sunday, June 29th weighing 6 pounds, 6 ounces and 19 inches long.

My labor started Sunday morning when I realized I had sprung a leak! Adam and I decided to head for Managua in hopes that contractions would start soon. We arrived there around noon and decided to go out to eat and enjoy the day. So we ate, watched a movie, did laps around the mall and then we watched another movie! By the end of the second movie my leak had become a major one but still no contractions. We did have a great day though, it was kind-a like a final date before baby number two!
After the movie we headed over to our friends house where we would spend the night. Adam called the doctor to let him know I still wasn't having contractions. The doctor said if I wasn't in labor by morning he was going to have to induce. I really didn't want to be induced, so we started praying. About 5 minutes after our "Amen" my water broke and I mean it popped! I have never felt anything so weird; it was honestly like a mini explosion inside of me. Then the contractions finally started! After about an hour of contractions Adam realized they were getting really close together fast, so he packed me up and got me in the truck. By time we reached the hospital I was starting to push. Adam said he left to go park the truck and when he came in it was chaos. The doctor was shouting at the nurses and the poor nurses were flustered and didn't know what to do about me. They just kept trying to get me to change into one of their hospital gowns. Which I politely refused, I was a little busy. ;)

After transferring me onto three different beds and two different rooms they finally got me where I needed to be; the delivery room! Most of it was a blur to me; I was in my own little world. However I do remember wondering if anyone was going to catch the baby because I could feel her coming!
Once the doctor was ready Adam got me sitting up and after a few good pushes out came Sydnie! She had the cord wrapped around her neck which the doctor quickly removed and then she gave some good wails! It all went very fast, less than two hours from the time contractions started she was in my arms.

So far everything has been going well. I am recovering fast and feel pretty good! Ashlyn is a little emotional with all the change but she really likes the "baby". We are loving having another little newborn around, you forget how tiny and precious they are!
Thank you to everyone for the prayers, diapers, presents, emails and phone calls! They have been a blessing...especially the diapers. ;)
And a special thank you to my dear husband! He did a great job translating during my labor and making sure everything was done how I wanted it. He has been helping cook, clean and taking Ashlyn on all his errands. He is a wonderful husband to me and father to both our little girls!

My last hour of being pregnant.
Sydnie Ella; obviously a little annoyed by the whole birth process.



Ashlyn holding her little sister.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok, first of all, AWWWWWWWWWW!!!! Second, I thought you spelled it
S-Y-D-N-E-Y in the other blog...

kat and luke said...

felicidades! sydnie is a cutie! i'll be praying for your guys camps this summer as i'm off counseling at my camp! i know God's going to do great things!

The Wittz said...

Hey guys congrats on the new edition don't worry we are right behind you Adam you rock I miss you a ton wanna come work in Kenya
Jason

Unknown said...

I second Alissa's AWWWWWWWWWW!
Congratulations Rachel, your kids are beautiful!

Hannah said...

Congratulations, Adam and Rachel! She's very cute and Ashlyn looks like she's enjoying her new sister!