Sunday, October 21, 2007

Ashlyn Update

This month Ashlyn has really started to engage us. She laughs when we laugh and tries to “talk” about things to us. She has also discovered she can make us laugh. Once she figures out we think something is funny she will do it over and over again.
One thing that makes Adam and I laugh is when she does her “tri-pod”. I’m not sure why we call it a “tri-pod” the name just seemed to fit. It’s when she makes a V with her body by putting her hands and head down in front of her. At first she started doing this on things she liked, a rug or blanket, even sand. But now she just does it all the time, maybe she just likes the way things look upside down.

Ashlyn has also started to pull herself up and loves walking with me holding her hands. Her favorite place to stand is at the living room window because it’s low enough so she can see out. I am nervous about her falling and banging her head on our tile floor, but so far so good!
In the morning I usually sweep the house and she just follows me around from room to room playing with toys or finding something new to explore. I love hearing her palms smack the floor as she crawls after me. Lately she has been “turning on the jets” with her crawling. She has her normal crawling speed, but then sometimes when she’s excited she makes this funny panting sound and takes off across the room.

We only have one step in our house and Ashlyn has been fascinated with learning how to go down it. I have tried to teach her to how to slide herself backwards so she is going feet first, but for some reason she doesn’t seem to get that. So she attempts to go head first. She puts her hands down first and then tries to walk her hands forward enough so she can get her legs down. One time she was right in the middle of this process and realized it wasn’t going to work. She just froze and then I heard her quietly say “ut-oh”.

Every month I think to myself, “I’m so in love with this pudgy, sweaty, toothless little girl, I can’t possibly fall more in love.” Yet every month I fall more in love with her! As cheesy as it sounds it’s true, I just adore her.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rachel -
You're a GREAT writer! Thanks so much for the wonderful pictures and news! Can't wait to visit you in CA!
love,
Mom