Saturday, November 10, 2007

Birthday Girl!!

Today was Ashlyn's birthday! It's hard to believe one year ago today I was giving birth to her. I didn't even know if she was a boy or girl or what she looked like. Now I can't imagine life without my little munchkin!
Her birthday was filled with the three things she loves: good food, horseback riding and the ocean.
For breakfast she had a banana pancake for breakfast with extra banana on the side. (She's a banana-holic.) I also made her a pineapple cake that she really liked. I was trying to make a semi-healthy cake, but it ended up being full of sugar. Oh well.


After cake and presents we went the camp and I took her for a half an hour horseback ride. She never grew tired of it! She is such a serious rider, all quite and concentrated but seems to be fearless! She only talks when she sees a cow or something else that catches her interest. You have no idea how elated I am that she likes riding.

In the evening we went to the ocean and played in the waves. We had supper at one of the restaurants on the beach.
It was a late night and a big day but I think she had a good time. Yesterday I was feeling a little guilty being overseas and not having a "normal" birthday party for her. But I think she enjoyed today more than she would have a party.
Thanks to everyone who sent presents for her. It means a lot to be remembered even though we are so far away!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am really enjoying your blog. The birthday sounds like a perfect day for you and Ashlyn. Thanks for posting the pictures.

Beka and Jason Haché said...

Rachel! I just found your blog today, how fun to see pictures and read about you and your little girl!! Happy Birthday to her!!! How fun!

Okay, I'm going to read more of your blog now!

beka

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing, it's awesome for us to be able to read about your lives... it helps us feel a bit more connected! :)