Friday, November 2, 2007

My little cowgirl!

A few blocks from where we live is a small hotel run by an American man. In the last month he has befriended us and helped us out with various things. He also owns five horses; two
geldings, a mare and two colts. The most amazing thing is he has decided to give them to us! On Monday we will be moving the horses to the camp. Not only will they be available for the camp to use but us as well! I am so excited!

The past few days I have been going over to his place and riding them. Tonight after I had my ride, I took Ashlyn around. We did a circle around the yard and then Adam came to take her off. She started bawling! We didn’t know what was wrong. Then I thought maybe she wanted back on the horse. Sure enough her sad cry magically disappeared and she was all smiles! That was the first time I’ve ever seen her really cry because she wanted something. I took her all around the yard and even trotted quite a bit. She loved it and still cried when we finally had to get off. I could not have been more proud! I am so excited she loves riding!

Trotting around!
Taking hold of the reins!

2 comments:

The Wittz said...

How stinkin adorable that she is on the horse with you! I betcha you are gonna have many paths to explore together when she gets older considering that she seems to share your love for riding huh. I still remember when me and my sister got to ride with you- so so much fun!!!!

Anonymous said...

man now I am jealous! But at the same time overjoyed for you . Isn't it neat how the Lord delights in our desires. Have fun friend, and remember me too!